East Orange Family Success Center is a community-based, family-centered neighborhood gathering place where any community resident can go for family support, information, and services. The Family Success Center’s goal is to enrich the lives of children and adults by making families stronger and empowering them to succeed.
At the Family Success Center you can learn new skills, share your talents, participate in activities, connect with resources, lead workshops, and meet others in your community. The center offers a variety of free educational workshops and family friendly events and activities for all ages.
- Resources – Connecting families to services through information and referrals; individualized family success plans, parenting education, and parent/child bonding activities.
- Family Gatherings – Monthly family bonding activities.
- Drop-in Activities – Hands-on activities for children & families, held on days when local schools are closed.
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center Partnership – Free tickets for families to attend cultural performances and activities.
- Financial Literacy – Workshops that assist individuals and families to increase their knowledge and utilization of financial planning tools and skills.
- Empowerment Workshops – Providing life skills training to individuals and families to foster independence and positive self-motivation.
East Orange Family Success Center is part of a state-wide network of Family Success Centers funded by the Department of Children and Families, Division of Prevention and Community Partnerships. Community involvement and shared responsibility influence the development and implementation of programs and activities.